Hello you lovely lot, it’s been a while!
So on Wednesday 24th February, I was lucky enough to model for Gemma who is the owner of Dollface Makeup Studio in Congleton Cheshire. Gemma chose to go for a purple smoky look on the eyes with winged eyeliner, a toned down lip and obviously foundation, contour and everything else.
To start with, Gemma used a little foundation and popped this onto my eyelids and up to just below the brow, she then used a white eye-shadow and spread this all over my lid before going in with the purples and black in the crease. After this, she then obviously applied a gel eyeliner onto my lash line and winged it and applied false lashes.
Moving onto my face now, I don’t know the exact products that were used, however they stayed on like a dream all night without any smudging. The products that Gemma used on my face were Foundation, Concealer, Contour, Highlighter and Bronzer. The complete makeup look was fantastic and all the products were blended to perfection! (PS, GEMMA TOOK SOME PROFFESSIONAL PHOTOS, HOWEVER THEY ARE NOT UP ON HER SITE YET SO I TOOK A FEW SELFIES FOR YOU TO SEE THE FINISHED LOOK!)
Gemma isn’t just qualified as a makeup artist, she also offers treatments some of which include Semi-Permanent Lashes, Lash tinting and HD brows which I have actually had done myself and loved! Here is a before and after photo!
You can find Dollface Makeup Studio on:
Instagram – @DOLLFACEMAKEUPSTUDIO
Twitter – @DollfaceMUp
You can also find me on:
Instagram – @aimeegibsonx
Twitter – @AimeeG98
I hope you like reading this blog post and I shall be back soon with another post!
Love Always – Aimee XOX
I am so sorry that I haven’t posted in what feels like a hundred years, I have been super busy, taking my driving test which I PASSED! Also, I’ve had quite a bit of work do to over the last few weeks but I’m back!!!!
S0, I have been doing a little makeup shopping online! Can’t fault a girl, every girl loves makeup. MAC had a rather generous amount of my money, meaning that Contour Cosmetics didn’t get as much. However, I bought some gorgeous bits some which I love some which I’m still not to keen on. So without further ado, here goes ….
So, wanted a few bits from mac recently so I decided it was time to treat myself. I bought a variety of different things, some of which I’ve tried before and some timeless classics. Here is what I bought:
- Nail Lacquer in “Shadow” – I have never tried one of mac’s nail polishes before, however I had heard quite good things about them. So I decided it was time for me to try one, I decided on “Shadow” as it is not a full colour and you apply it after you’ve painted your nails a full colour. The way this polish works, is that you simple brush onto your nails and it creates a smoky shadow effect. I have used it once so far, it is easy application and I shall be buying some more soon.
- Studio Fix Fluid in “NW20” – A new colour too my collection, I usually wear the NC20 if I ever choose to wear a mac foundation. I find the NC20 is a little too orange for my skin tone so I decided to get the “NW” which has a more pinky undertone. I do prefer the NW to the NC however I do find that it is still a little too orange.
- Fluidline Brow Gelcreme in “Deep Dark Brunette” – I am not the biggest fan of the brow Gelcreme, whether this be because I don’t know how to apply it I don’t know, the shade is a little too dark for me however the other shades “Redhead” and “Dirty Blonde” would have been too light for me. Therefore I don’t think this is the best eyebrow product that mac has produced.
- Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in “Black” – I have always been a little wary of trying and using a gel eyeliner, what technique? what brush? how to you even apply it? However I am absolutely in LOVE with this gel as it is so easy to apply, it also lasts all day without smudging which is always a bonus.
- Matte Lipstick in “Diva” – I have never been one for dark statement lips, however with going brunette, I decided I would start to wear a more dark lip.
- Lip Pencil in “Burgundy” – I bought this lip liner to go with the Diva lipstick that I bought. It is the perfect match for that colour lipstick and glides onto my lips easily.
I also decided to buy myself the contour cosmetics cream contour kit. I have really wanted a contour kit for a while, I really wanted the Anastasia Beverley Hills palette however I couldn’t justify spending £40 on my first ever actual contour kit, so I opted for the cheaper option. I was disappointed with this product as it left me looking like an oompa loompa, maybe it was because It was my first time using it but I don’t think I’m going to be using it or buying this product again anytime soon.
So that is my personal opinions on my new makeup products! I hope you liked this blog and I shall see you guys again soon :*
Lots of Love – Aimee XOX