I am so sorry that I haven’t posted in what feels like a hundred years, I have been super busy, taking my driving test which I PASSED! Also, I’ve had quite a bit of work do to over the last few weeks but I’m back!!!!
S0, I have been doing a little makeup shopping online! Can’t fault a girl, every girl loves makeup. MAC had a rather generous amount of my money, meaning that Contour Cosmetics didn’t get as much. However, I bought some gorgeous bits some which I love some which I’m still not to keen on. So without further ado, here goes ….
So, wanted a few bits from mac recently so I decided it was time to treat myself. I bought a variety of different things, some of which I’ve tried before and some timeless classics. Here is what I bought:
- Nail Lacquer in “Shadow” – I have never tried one of mac’s nail polishes before, however I had heard quite good things about them. So I decided it was time for me to try one, I decided on “Shadow” as it is not a full colour and you apply it after you’ve painted your nails a full colour. The way this polish works, is that you simple brush onto your nails and it creates a smoky shadow effect. I have used it once so far, it is easy application and I shall be buying some more soon.
- Studio Fix Fluid in “NW20” – A new colour too my collection, I usually wear the NC20 if I ever choose to wear a mac foundation. I find the NC20 is a little too orange for my skin tone so I decided to get the “NW” which has a more pinky undertone. I do prefer the NW to the NC however I do find that it is still a little too orange.
- Fluidline Brow Gelcreme in “Deep Dark Brunette” – I am not the biggest fan of the brow Gelcreme, whether this be because I don’t know how to apply it I don’t know, the shade is a little too dark for me however the other shades “Redhead” and “Dirty Blonde” would have been too light for me. Therefore I don’t think this is the best eyebrow product that mac has produced.
- Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in “Black” – I have always been a little wary of trying and using a gel eyeliner, what technique? what brush? how to you even apply it? However I am absolutely in LOVE with this gel as it is so easy to apply, it also lasts all day without smudging which is always a bonus.
- Matte Lipstick in “Diva” – I have never been one for dark statement lips, however with going brunette, I decided I would start to wear a more dark lip.
- Lip Pencil in “Burgundy” – I bought this lip liner to go with the Diva lipstick that I bought. It is the perfect match for that colour lipstick and glides onto my lips easily.
I also decided to buy myself the contour cosmetics cream contour kit. I have really wanted a contour kit for a while, I really wanted the Anastasia Beverley Hills palette however I couldn’t justify spending £40 on my first ever actual contour kit, so I opted for the cheaper option. I was disappointed with this product as it left me looking like an oompa loompa, maybe it was because It was my first time using it but I don’t think I’m going to be using it or buying this product again anytime soon.
So that is my personal opinions on my new makeup products! I hope you liked this blog and I shall see you guys again soon :*
Lots of Love – Aimee XOX