About 2 months ago I decided to get eyelashes extensions. I’ve never had them before, but I wanted to give them a try as I was tired of having to apply strip lashes all of the time. I loved them but they just weren’t for me.
So, the day I had them done I was like wowwww omg I really suit them but my eyes were so irritated and red, I literally had pink eye and it was so sore, I know its normal to get this but It was so painful. They cost me £35 so not too expensive and it took the girl about 2 hours to do.
One thing I did struggle with whilst having my lashes on was eye makeup, I rarely wore eye makeup as I couldn’t do it, I know that if I’d have kept trying I’d have got there in the end but I don’t always have a lot of time to spend on my makeup.
About 2 weeks later they started to shed which is normal as they were getting ready to be infilled but I decided that I wasn’t going to get infills due to the fact that I struggled to do my makeup so I had to go through the pain of them getting sparse and I looked like an absolute muppet by this point but who cares you are who you are!
About 2 weeks after they started to shed, I decided to use baby oil and take them out myself, it was painless and I haven’t ruined any of my real lashes.All in all, I really did love having the extensions but I wouldn’t have them again due to the fact of me struggling with makeup, but if you can do makeup pretty good with these on I am so jealous of you! I would recommend individual lashes to those who cannot wear a lot of makeup at work such as nurses or people who work with food or even if you don’t wear makeup at all, lashes will be perfect for you!
Be sure to Follow, Like and Comment and thank you for reading my post 😊
So a few weeks ago, I decided I wanted a pet goldfish, I don’t know why I just wanted a fish. I was searching the web for ages and I was basically being told that I needed to get an air stone and a proper tank and filter, I thought all this for 1 goldfish?
I mentioned it to my friend who works in a pet shop and she said about the air stone making sure there is oxygen for the fish but then she also said I could also just remove a few cups of the water and put a few cups of fresh water with water conditioner in every few days, so I decided with that one. I wanted a fishbowl for my fish, I looked some in pet shops and they were selling at £60 and I thought I can’t really afford that, so I got a fishbowl and I think it was about £10, I know you’re not supposed to keep fish in a fishbowl, but I just really wanted one. I got pink gravel and a little fake plant and set the bowl up ready for when I bought my fish, a few days later I bought a tank and an air stone and filter and set that up and left it a few days before popping my fish into her new home.
As for the name, I wanted a name which had something related to fish, so I googled cool names for fish and I found one, I was like…..this is the one! So when me and my friend went to buy the fish I called her Finderella and she used to sit on the corner of my dressing table when she was in the bowl, but she is now living in the kitchen a her tank is to big to sit on my dressing table 😊
A strange one, I know but I hope you enjoyed reading about my fishy experience! Make sure you follow my blog and follow my social media to keep up to date with everything I’m doing
Today I have a slightly different post, I’ve decided to share with you my life so far, there has been many ups and quite a few downs, so if you would like to know more about me then carry on reading!
I was born on the 2nd of July 1998 a few miles from my hometown, when I was 2 years old, my mum and dad got married and I was a bridesmaid (a very grumpy bridesmaid). I started playgroup/nursery also when I was around 2 and then started my school years shortly after. Where I live you have 3 schools, first school, middle school and high school. I attended my first school up until year 5 where I then went to middle school until year 9 where I then went to high school.
During my second year in high school (year 10) I became very poorly and had to have a lot of time away from school. I was suffering with nose bleeds for around a year prior to this, and I had a blood test in November 2012 as I was constantly tired and always feeling faint and short of breath, a few hours after having the blood test my mum received a call telling her to get to the local hospital as soon as possible, I was only 14 so I was extremely scared as id never had to go to the hospital before, I had some more blood taken and a canula put in my hand, I then had to stay in hospital for a week as I needed a blood transfusion and had to have multiple tests and scans. I was then referred to Birmingham children’s hospital as I had a tumour in my liver. I had several tests and scans at this hospital and a biopsy. I had the results of the biopsy on the 17th December 2012 where I got that the tumour was cancerous and I needed to be back down the following day to be admitted into hospital to have the tumour removed on the 19th December, my operation was 9 hours long. After this I spent months in and out of hospital with infections, bile problems etc, I also had to have an ng tube (feeding tube) for nearly a year afterwards. I went back to school about half way through the year and then sat my GCSE’s in year 11.
In 2014 I left high school, but I went back to the sixth form that was situated within the school, I had no idea what job I wanted to do so I decided to take a BTEC in Health and Social Care and Additional Science. In 2015 I started my blog and I have been writing on and off since then. In my last year of sixth form (2016) I decided I wanted a job, so I got a job at Costa Coffee and I built my way up to become a Barista Maestro, I then left Costa to start an apprenticeship in hairdressing, but this didn’t last long as I was diagnosed with cancer again in November 2016, I worked in the salon up until new year but I decided to go back to Costa as It was closer to home and they knew my situation.
In January 2017 my doctors decided to send me for a liver transplant assessment, this was 2 days at the Queen Elizabeth in Birmingham and on the 13th January, I was put onto the waiting list for a liver. I carried on working as well as having to go back to Birmingham every 6 weeks for scans and blood tests. In March 2017 the oncologist doctors decided they were going to do a TACE (chemotherapy beads targeting the affected area rather than the whole body) so I was admitted for that and I had the procedure, I stayed awake throughout it and they didn’t end up doing the procedure as they couldn’t see the veins/artery’s which are feeding the tumour. In the April, I started dating my boyfriend however we had known each other for around 5 months prior.
In September 2017 I left my job at Costa and I got another job at Sainsburys working on the clothing department in October where I work now. I am still awaiting my Liver transplant, so fingers crossed it comes soon 😊
Today I have got a testing/review post and I’m sure all of you makeup lovers are going to love it! (well I hope so anyway)0
So, a few weeks ago I bought the Styl Pro brush cleaner (late to the bandwagon I know), at first impression it seems great, I’ve seen a few youtubers using it and giving their reviews and thoughts on the products and I thought I just need to try this brush cleanser.
I’m sure the majority of you know about the Styl Pro but for those of you that don’t, it is an electronic brush cleanser and you get so many different heads to attach your brushes too along with a spinner that you attach the brush head too and place into a bowl of water with the Styl Pro brush cleanser and spin, once cleansed it then also dries the brush for you, to do this you just simply lift the brush up out of the water but still in the bowl and let it spin for a further 10 – 20 seconds.
So once you’ve put the water and brush cleanser into the bowl you then start by attaching your brushes to the heads depending on the size. You can only cleanse 1 brush at a time which can take up a bit of time but it’s still a quicker solution than cleaning your brushes manually. One thing that I did notice after drying the brushes is that the hairs on the brush don’t go back to how they were, they are flying everywhere so you kind of have to push them back together as best as you can. In terms of ‘cleaning’ I personally don’t think it cleanses the brushes thoroughly, I don’t know whether this is something I’m doing wrong but it didn’t really clean the bigger brushes 100%
It’s a really good product for cleaning smaller brushes such as eye brushes but again the only downside if the hairs going astray after drying
All in all, I would recommend this product for those who don’t have the time to clean their brushes everyday but use them on a daily basis such as makeup artists just for a quick cleanse, but I probably wouldn’t buy the solution to clean the brushes again which is a shame because I really really wanted to love this product
Thanks for reading, I would love to know your views on the Styl Pro if you have used it in the comments. Also, be sure to follow my blog and follow me on my social media!
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY
Today I am talking you through a simple valentine’s makeup look which you can try out yourself if you are off out for a meal later, or you can do this makeup on any other day its completely up to you!
I always start with my brows and eyes first as then I don’t have to worry about any fallout or making mistakes as I can just wipe it away 😊
1. I start by taking the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette and I take the shades Milk Chocolate, Semi-Sweet & Triple Fudge and fill in and shape my brows
2. I then take MAC Select Cover-Up and I carve out my brows and apply this to my eyelid
3. I then set my eyelid with any light powder, on this occasion I took White Chocolate from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette
4. I am now taking the Naked Heat palette by Urban Decay and I start with the shade Sauced and use this as my transition shade
5. I then go in with the shades Low Blow, He Devil and Cayenne and build up a gradient on my lid
6. I then go in with En Fuego and Ashes and apply these into my outer corner
7. With a little bit of concealer, I use a flat brush and carve out my lid where I want the shimmer eyeshadow to sit
8. I go back into the Heat palette and use the shades Lumbre and Scorched and apply to my lid
9. I decided to go for a little bit of a wing and I used the NYX Skinny Liner to do so
10. I’m just using a mac mascara which I can’t remember the name of (You can apply false lashes at this stage if you want too)
11. For my undereye I just use the remaining product on my brushes to create the same kind of look I did on my lid
1. I like to begin my face by prepping with Mini Smash box sample primer as it makes my skin sooooo smooth
2. For foundation, I have been loving the All Nighter by Urban Decay and I add a few drops of the Barry M Illuminator drops into the foundation and I love how this looks on my skin
3. I then use my trusty Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer which I’m sure everybody has used or at least tried once
4. I then set my under eye and any other areas I want to set with the Barry M Ready Set Smooth loose powder
5. Time for Bronzer – I switch between two of my fave bronzers but today I decided to use the Benefit Hoola as this is a little darker and deeper than my MAC Mineralize
6. I also use the Dandelion Blush by Benefit and apply this to the apples of my cheek kit
7. I like to contour my nose and to do this I take the Anastasia Beverley Hills Powder Contour kit and I take the middle shade from the bottom to do this
8. I then go back into my Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette and take the highlighting shade Champagne Truffle and apply this to my cheekbones, above my brows, my cupids bow, tip of my nose, brow bone and my inner corner of my eyes
1. To finish my look, I used the MAC Eye Kohl in Coffee and lined the corners of my lips then took a MAC lipstick in the shade Faux and applied as normal
Thankyou soo much for taking the time to read through my valentine’s makeup, if you liked it let me know in the comments and be sure to follow my blog and my social media accounts 😊
So, nobody likes sticking to a strict diet and going to the gym numerous times a week, right? (well I don’t anyway) So today I thought I would share with you some healthy changes that you can make to your diet, so you are making sure that your body is getting some love and attention.
1. Number one is probably the most obvious change – Swapping fizzy and sugary drinks for water or for treat a lime and soda
2. Swap your crisps for skinny popcorn
3. Everybody loves a bit of chocolate, but it is so unhealthy (especially when you eat the amount I do) swap your white or milk for dark chocolate instead
4. Swap your original white or whole-wheat bread for rye bread! YUMMY
5. Change up your cheese for a healthier alternative such as Halloumi or Goats Cheese if you prefer a creamier cheese
6. Full fat milk is good but fattening for you, using soya instead can be so much better for you but if you aren’t a fan of soya then you can always have the 1% milk which is usually has an orange label and lid
7. If you are like me and like sweets and sugary snacks, you can snack on alternative things such as dried mango, rice cakes and avocados
You also don’t need to go to the gym to do exercises boys and girls, oh no, let me tell you some simples exercises you can do around the house!
1. SQUATS – build that booty and do your squats, I like to squat when looking in the fridge or any built-in cupboards which are on the ground, alternatively I also do this, but you can do it as another option, squat 10 times before you go to the toilet and 10 squats afterwards
2. LUNGES – another simple exercise this time for toning the upper of your legs as well as your booty, take lunge steps when hoovering and doing household chores and you will start to see a difference!
3. STEP-UPS – benefitting the booty & thighs/upper legs, have stairs in your house? Do some step-ups when going up them, if not, not a problem buy yourself a little step and you can do it that way!
That’s all for today lovely people, hope you enjoyed and let me know if you have any other suggestions in the comments I would love to hear other people’s changes! Don’t forget to follow my blog and follow me on my social media
– Aimee X
Instagram – @aimeegibsonx
Twitter – @aimeeg98
With valentine’s day less than a week away, I thought what better post to do than a valentine’s gift guide. I know that a lot of people don’t celebrate this day but for those that do I thought it would be a helpful post.
So whether you have been with your partner for years, months or weeks, there are lots of gifts / things you can do this valentine’s day including:
1. SPA DAY – You can treat your loved one to a spa day, many spas do packages for valentine’s day which include full use of the facilities, a treatment and usually a glass of prosecco upon arrival and afternoon tea. I think this would be a lovely gift to receive and I know a lot of people love a relaxation day
2. PERFUME / AFTERSHAVE – The classic gift, you can’t go wrong with perfumes and aftershaves, although a boring gift, it’s the thought that counts and who doesn’t love getting new scents?
3. CITY BREAK – If you have been together for a while or if you want to spend some quality time in another city, you can go to Rome or Paris. Alternatively, if you’ve not been together that long or if you don’t have the money to fly your partner out, you can have a city break closer to home such as London, Manchester and Liverpool
4. FANCY MEAL – You’re not really a big valentine’s celebrator but you want to do something, why not go for a slap-up meal at a fancy restaurant? It’s a nice way to celebrate without celebrating at the same time
5. SENTIMENTAL GIFTS – If you want your gift to be more personal you can create a memory box, why I love you jar, photobook and give this to your loved one, this will be coming from the heart and if more of a personal gift so will mean more to you and your partner
6. TEDDY BEAR – Again, more of a boring gift, but if you don’t celebrate it but want to buy your partner a little something, you can just buy a teddy bear (big or small) and your partner is sure to love it
7. CHOCOLATES, FLOWERS AND CANDLES – If you don’t want to spend lots of money but you celebrate the day you can go down the more traditional route and buy chocolates, a bouquet of flowers and a candle for your loved one
If you have any more gift ideas, make sure you leave a comment down below as I would love to read about other gift ideas and be sure to follow my blog and follow my social media 😊